Homemade Root Beer Recipe
Homemade Root Beer
Carbonated with dry ice and ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes.
Making delicious homemade root beer with The Big H Root Beer Extract is as easy as ABC
- Add sugar and The Big H Root Beer Extract to cold water and mix thoroughly in an open food-safe container. Do not cover the container with a lid while preparing root beer since pressure created may cause the container to explode.
- Add dry ice to the mixture in a well-ventilated area and stir frequently to prevent dry ice from clumping to the bottom of the container. Continue to stir until all of the dry ice has dissolved. For root beer slushes add slightly more dry ice. (Dry ice is available at most grocery stores.) Preparation time: 15 minutes. Making the root beer is half the fun!
|To make one gallon:||To make two gallons:||To make four gallons:|
Homemade Root Beer
Carbonated with yeast.
Making delicious homemade root beer with The Big H Homemade Root Beer Extract and carbonating it with yeast is as easy as A B C D E F.
- Add sugar and The Big H Root Beer Extract to warm water and mix thoroughly in an food-safe container.
- Add baker's yeast to warm water and mix thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Add the contents of # B to # A and mix thoroughly to make root beer mixture.
- Pour root beer mixture equally into clean bottles leaving an inch of head space in the bottles.
- Cap the bottles and place them side down on a towel at room temperature for 4 days.
- After 4 days, place the bottles upright in the refrigerator and keep them there until they are used. (Bottles left at room temperature after 4 days will explode.)
* (Recipe and process in part courtesy of Phyllis Fields.)
|To make one gallon poured equally into bottles:||To make two gallons poured equally into bottles:||To make four gallons poured equally into bottles:|
Homemade Root Beer Ice Cream
- 4 cups cream
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons The Big H Root Beer Extract
Combine and mix the above ingredients and then pour into your homemade ice cream maker and turn until the mixture becomes ice cream. Enjoy!